Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Artisan Bread

Artisan Freeform Loaf

I cooked bread last night!  It was tasty and delicious.  Nice crunchy crust, good creamy, dense interior.  It reminded me a lot of the bread I get at the Italian market. (and a little of the artisan bread from Kroger - the one with the whole garlic cloves -but better than that one.)


The loaf I baked was the rustic artisan freeform loaf. (The first recipe in the book.) It truly only took about 5 minutes of my time so far, including all of the clean up. You need to prepare time for the bread to rise and bake, naturally, but that is time where you can be doing something else. Plus, once the dough is mixed, it sits in the fridge and you just cut off a hunk for the night.  I made a half recipe the first time as I didn't have a container big enough for the whole one.  I wanted to test out the recipe and technique before I put any money into buying a big container for all of that dough.  Tonight, I'm trying the french bread.  I'm using the same batch of dough that I used last night, but a different baking technique.  Will report back with remarks!

No comments:

Post a Comment