Thursday, February 11, 2010

Bella's Mittens

Bella's mittens

Pattern: Bella's Mittens
By: Subliminal Rabbit
Needles: 9 Boyle 32 in. circular
Yarn: Patons Classic Wool Merino color 00225 (dark gray mix)

Needed something to keep me occupied until the Olympics start, so I cast on for these. I bought two balls of yarn and am holding the yarn doubled. I'm using a size nine, which is larger than pattern recommendation because I read comments about the mittens being a bit small if you have larger hands. I have larger arms, so I decided to go up a size. I didn't swatch either. Living dangerously! The fit feels pretty good so far, so I'm happy. I like the idea of putting a pattern on the palm (like the ones from the movie). Some people are putting moss stitch on it, but I like the original pattern better. I think there's another pattern on Ravelry for free that has a different pattern, which is closer to the original. I'm going to have to check that out and see if it's compatible with what I've already cast on! Love them so far, it will be nice to have some mittens. By the end of February, I should have two pair!

I have four more Gnome beards to show too. All different colors and all darn cute! I just need to take pictures. (I'm never home during daylight so I have to remember to take them this weekend - if I'm not totally absorbed in my Olympic knitting and watching the Olympics.)

No comments:

Post a Comment