Thursday, February 11, 2010

Colors decided!

Possible color combo #1I've decided to go with the white + blue/gray combination. It was my original choice, but I was briefly swayed when I got my yarn (well, to be honest, not so briefly swayed). I think I will make a coordinating Daybreak with the gray/blue + black combination though. And possibly a hat that matches the gloves. I'll have to see how much yarn is left over after knitting the mittens and decide if there is enough to make a hat. It would be nice to have a whole set. Somewhere I once read a statement that went kind of like: you can always tell a knitter, because they have great knitted items but nothing matches.
I'm not sure exactly why, but that statement bothers me on several levels.
(1) If they're wearing great stuff, why care? It probably all goes together somehow. I don't think people would purposefully wear clashing items. (Right?)
(2) Before I became a knitter (and since, to tell the truth) I didn't/don't own a complete matching set of winter wear either. Who buys sets anyways? I know some people do, because they're out there, but not me and not anyone else I know. I do own a matching hat/scarf, but I rarely wear them together. And I bought them since I started knitting.
(3) Two of the first things I knitted were a green scarf and matching fingerless mitts. So there. We do knit things that match.

So, just to say "who cares?" and "so there!", I'm planning on knitting a coordinating! complete! set! of winter wear. 

Maybe.

This post brought to you in honor of the 2010 Knitting Olympics (button by the Yarn Harlot) and the 2010 Ravelympics (button by 22whitejd)
knittingolympics-1

ravelympics_thumbnail_zzwhitejd

No comments:

Post a Comment