Sunday, February 14, 2010

Olympic Knitting - Day 1 and Day 2

My mittens are progressing nicely! I'm right on schedule so far. Here's a brief recap of the knitting from day one and day 2. They look really the same - I just started one mitten on day one and the second one on day 2 and now I'm ready to start the chart on the mittens. I wanted to do the braids separately since that gets the yarn all twisty. I have snow laying around for pretty picture taking so I'm taking advantage of the scenery.

Progress at the end of day 1 - one mitten started (still need to do braid)
Deep in the Forest mittens, day 1

Progress at the end of day 2 - two mittens started, chart is next!
Deep in the Forest mittens, day 2

Close up of each mitten
I made the braids go different directions so they will be mirror images of each other. It's a little detail that I will appreciate later on. I love symmetry.
Deep in the Forest mittens, day 2

Deep in the Forest mittens, day 2

On to start the chart! (And watch last night's primetime Olympic brodcast - women's moguls, speed skating and the first medal ceremony.). I love having a DVR when it comes to watching sports. I get to skip all of the commercials!)

knittingolympics-1

ravelympics logo teamname2 200x200 zzwhitejd

No comments:

Post a Comment